Sunday, January 31, 2010

Three Month Without Shopping And Feeding A Family Of Twelve?

We may all learn a lesson from Crystal J. Young from Omaha, Nebraska.  She is a mother of ten children and home schools six of them.  She has taken on a challenge to go three months without going to the grocery store.  She is going to try to make it on her food storage.  She is giving a day by day account on her blog.  By following her blog we may all learn something about our own food storage.  Click here to follow her blog.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My wife will love this (if she isn't already following) - thanks!

Anonymous said...

I am very interested to see how this family goes. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
I have thought of trying 2 months but have not down it.

My family and I went without heat last winter and air cond this summer - Just to see how our bodies would respond if the power went off.
For Australians The winter was the real challenge!
- We all recieved thermals, dressing gowns and warm bed socks for Christmas.
It is amazing how our bodies adapt. We had fewer colds and sickness than previous winters.
YET, I am very thankful to have my heater on this winter!!